Online Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business
Barcelona: Friday 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. @ Mexico: Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Request Interview
ONLINE MASTER'S DEGREE IN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR OWNERS, SUCCESSORS AND DIRECTORS
The Executive Master's Degree in Ownership and Value Creation, also known as the Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business, is perfect for those profiles who see that good owners are due to their will and have the duty to revamp using innovation and entrepreneurship, acting with Dueñez (Ownership) and Creating Value.
This program focuses on the process of acquiring the necessary knowledge for succession and the Next Generation in family businesses, that is, the commitment to training to promote family entrepreneurship and the continuity of the company.
The master's degree combines the development of skills that ensures the constancy of the Family Business, focusing on the importance of Value Creation and Management, methodologically applying the concept of Ownership developed by CEDEM, Centre for Entrepreneurial Dueñez (Ownership) and the experience of Euncet Business School in innovation and entrepreneurship issues.
Ownership is the exercise of leadership at the top of the organization, considered as an instance of governance above management. Whether as a successor, director, owner, director or manager, it is essential to be aware of the importance of detecting opportunities and anticipating the competition, adding value to each strategic move without losing sight of the horizon that will guide the company.
Therefore, the virtual master's degree will enable you to participate in the most important decisions of growing companies, which focus on the management of strategic opportunities and risks and translate into the definition of the great moves of change to trigger the Creation of Value based on the benefits of innovation and entrepreneurship. In addition to this, the program is also oriented so that the owner is in sync at all times with the alignment of the entire organization.
The Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business combines the two main Euncet Business School postgraduate courses: Postgraduate in Value Management in Family Business and Postgraduate degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The alliance between CEDEM and Euncet Business School makes this master's degree an action-oriented program, with a personalized Coaching system that accompanies participants to apply what they have learned from the first session.
CEDEM, Centre for Entrepreneurial Ownership, is an organization specialized in wealth generation. Decades of work with businesspeople and leaders from the Western Hemisphere have been synthesized in a methodology dedicated to identifying the value-creating power of their organizations and multiplying it and promoting institutionalization and innovation in family businesses.
This master's degree is designed for all those who wish to be part of this select group of businesspeople and professionals who want to integrate into the work, into the responsibilities of the Owner's Role and into the importance of promoting the training of the successor in family businesses so as not to lose the essence of the business while adapting to new eras without losing its competitive advantage.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ONLINE EXECUTIVE MASTER'S DEGREE IN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS
The main objectives of the online master's degree are:
- Training as a leader capable of managing your “area of responsibility” as if you were the owner and the life of the company depended on you.
- The understanding of a family business's governance system and its dynamics around the creation of wealth and the construction of harmony among its members.
- The development of the ability to evaluate, choose and manage opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Exercise in the design and implementation of projects that trigger value in your area of responsibility or in the company as a whole.
Master's Degree in Ownership and Value Creation from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia
ONLINE EXECUTIVE MASTER'S DEGREE IN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS
Online Master's Degree in Ownership and Value Creation by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia
22 September 2023
Credit unit fee:
300 € / credit
EXECUTIVE MASTER'S DEGREE PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
The Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business offered in partnership with Euncet Business School and CEDEM, Centre for Business Dueñez (Ownership), prepares participants to exercise or help to exercise the Owner Role more effectively.
In order to exercise this role, in addition to a series of knowledge, skills and attitudes, a mental posture that promotes the best and is oriented towards revamping all processes of Generation, Multiplication and Value Capture is required. The master's degree develops these fundamental skills regarding business activities.
Why study an Executive Master's Degree at Euncet?
Understanding of the role of corporate governance, its structures, leadership and the personal role to develop in the exercise of Business Dueñez (Ownership) (Owner Role).
Our postgraduate and master's degrees will help you develop skills and competencies to boost your professional success.
Diagnosis and evaluation of opportunities for change. Focus on the big growth-triggering plays.
Selection and implementation of Value Trigger Projects in their area of responsibility.
Lecturers with business experience
Consultants and entrepreneurs with successful careers in countless companies.
The entire program is oriented towards the practical application of learning, promoting the implementation of innovation and entrepreneurship projects.
MASTER'S PROGRAM IN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS
The Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business from Euncet Business School and CEDEM , Centre for Business Dueñez (Ownership), is made up of different modular programs that allow you to obtain a master's degree from the sum of two postgraduate degrees. With the addition of the postgraduate degree in Value Management in Family Businesses and the postgraduate degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship you will be able to obtain the Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business.
Thanks to the modular training offered by the Euncet Business School, you will be able to take the various postgraduate courses in a flexible way, adapting them to your needs and to the moment in which you find yourself professionally. Complete your studies and expand your networking with other professionals in the sector.
The program focuses on the areas of value creation and management, including finance, governance, strategy, innovation, entrepreneurship, and managerial and organizational skills. The program focuses on providing owners, directors, managers and board members with leadership positions the tools to incorporate the concept of Dueñez (ownership), creation and preservation of value from a more systematic and practical approach.
At Euncet Business School, we offer you practical and advanced content, connected to current affairs. We provide you with critical and different thinking, as well as a global and international vision.
Study Plan for the Master's Degree in Innovation in the Family Business
Value Creation Strategies
- Know and understand the principles, models and tools that correspond to the good exercise of Ownership and Value Management.
- Differentiate the tasks that correspond to the Owner and the Manager.
- Develop the ability to identify relevant areas of opportunity in the field of Value Creation.
- Learn how to choose strategic areas of opportunity and how to turn them into Value- Triggering Projects
- Entrepreneurial Ownership and Value Management.
- Principles of Value Management.
- Value Creation Model.
- Value Management Method.
Competitive Focus and Value Generation
- Understand and review the fertility of current and potential markets and uncover opportunities for concentration and segment abandonment.
- Analyse the competitive position of the business in each of its product-market combinations and seek ways for differentiation and leadership.
- Understand how to measure and evaluate the positioning of the company, its products and brands, and explore ways to strengthen the identity and power of its image.
- Market Fertilisation.
- Paths to differentiation.
- Competitive Positioning.
- Competitive Strategy.
Organisational Synergy and Value Multiplication
- Learn to share with our team a common growth project. Understand the process to create a long, medium and short term vision together with key people and to communicate that vision to the rest of the organisation, awakening in them the commitment to make it real.
- Understand how to generate a Governance Formula that ensures the management capacity required for the implementation of strategic projects and that evolves to respond to each stage of the organisation's growth.
- Analyse the design and management of the mechanisms of Assets Engineering that facilitate the control of the exercise of the role of owner by those who have the talent to do so.
- Study in depth the two main ways of multiplication: internal synergy and external synergy.
- Governance Formula.
- Ownership Formula.
- External Synergy.
Strategic Alignment and Value Capture
- Analyse the implications of the alignment process on the company's growth project.
- Identify ways to redirect the organisation's resources towards the value creation strategy and trigger operational performance.
- Identify and adapt the organisation's indicators and monitoring and information systems to the aspects of the Value Creation Strategy.
- Alignment of the Organisation.
- Resource Alignment.
- Information Alignment.
Shared Ownership in Family Business
- Recognise Ownership as the highest sphere of power within the organisation, and as the area where it is crucial that the owning family learns to manage it collegially.
- Realise that Value Management, the fundamental task of Ownership, can be shared at the top of the family business. Family members have to choose who are their most talented members to do it and they have to learn to manage it as a team.
- Review the structures and leadership of the governance system in the family business and detect its conditions for optimisation.
- Understand the paths underlying the institutionalisation process of family businesses.
- Introduction to Shared Ownership.
- The role of the owner and value management.
- Governance and leadership.
- Institutionalisation of Shared Ownership.
Product Management & Growth Hacking
- Understand clearly the roles of a Product Manager and the Growth team within a start-up, as well as the responsibilities for each one of them and their objectives.
- Know the competencies and skills required to perform these inter-disciplinary and specialised roles.
- Learn the main techniques for managing a technological product.
- Discover how to incorporate Growth Hacking methodology into your company.
- Product Management: The role and conceptualisation of products.
- Product Management: Instrumentation, roadmaps and postmortem analysis.
- Growth Hacking: Methodology, framework and growth mindset.
- Growth Hacking: AARR Funnel and growth hacking projects.
Lean & Agile Project Management
- Be able to choose and implement the appropriate method according to the project or activity environment.
- Monitor and facilitate an agile, predictive or hybrid project.
- Obtain change management and agile cultural transformation facilitation techniques in complex environments.Have an overview of different approaches to project management applied to different sectors and industries.
- Be familiar with Agile and hybrid methodologies.
- Introduction to Project Management.
- Exponential Organisations.
- Agile Manifesto and Agile Methodologies.
- Kanban Methodology, Scrum and Agile Tools.
- Google as an example of an agile company.
Competitive Disruption and Innovation
- Increase the capacity for strategic analysis of competitive environments, featuring their essential elements from a customer and competitive factors approach.
- Feature the vulnerability of the company's business model facing change processes.
- Learn to reformulate the global and general strategy of the company from a perspective of adapting to change.
- Know the internal levers of an organisation to systematise innovation as an organisational response to change processes.
- Understand the impact of technology on the company's business areas.
- Innovation ecosystems.
- Digital paradigm: impact on traditional businesses.
- Change in competitive environments.
- Digital transformation of the company.
Intrapreneurship and Design Thinking
- Understand and analyse the importance of innovation in an organisation and the current context of accelerated change.
- Deepen in the development of intrapreneurship programmes.
- Understand the most common ways of collaboration between established companies and start-ups.
- Know collaborative and creative methodologies linked to innovation such as Design Thinking.
- Master methodologies oriented towards iteration and co-creation in teams and the use of visual tools to "land" ideas and model businesses.
- Understand the dynamics of the digital and technological entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Know the methodology for the creation of a start-up.
- Understand the fundamental metrics of the start-up business and the essential documents for seeking funding.
- The entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Key elements for creating a start-up.
- Growth and funding of a start-up.
- Design Thinking: Empathising and defining.
- Design Thinking: Idea preparation, prototyping and testing.
Technology Management and Innovation
- Identify the business needs of an organisation and how to align a technology strategy to meet those needs.
- Understand the process and contents of IS/IT strategic planning and to have a methodological approach to put it into practice within the company.
- Understand the evolution and transformation of the IT function in the company, the factors that have led to it and the forms it takes, both in terms of the business and in terms of the relationship with suppliers and partners.
- Be able to recognise technological trends that can maximise the organisation's competitive strategy. -–
- Understand the design and management of technological architecture and infrastructures from a strategic point of view.
- Understand the concept of innovation and business models based on the application of ICT.
- Study business cases that evaluate and justify investments in technology.
- Know the different financing options for innovation, especially those made available to public and private companies by international and national institutions.
- Master the management of taxation associated with innovation due to the competitive advantages it brings to companies.
- Be able to develop skills in motivation, leadership and management of innovative teams.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Motivate and manage teams.
- Recognise technological trends that can maximise the organisation's competitive strategy.
- Communicate effectively with business leaders about technology.
- Platform Economics: Platforms, services and responsibility.
- Platform Economics: Architecture, ways to create and monetise.
- Innovation Methodologies.
- Innovation management: Identification of challenges and portfolio management.
- Innovation management: Taxation and financing of innovation.
Calendars and schedules
Faculty of Executive Master's Degree in Innovation in the Family Business
Methodology & Coaching
We are aware that learning is much more effective when the student interacts in the teaching process, which is why we have integrated an effective methodology for the transformation of companies aimed at maximizing value. All this, thanks to a teaching team with extensive experience in management positions in family businesses and in the administration of value generation, multiplication and capture processes.
The Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business from Euncet Business School is conceived of to be given virtually. The participants in this master's degree will have total flexibility for their training. Didactic contents can be followed by online streaming, according to the schedule marked depending on corresponding time zones.
During the program, each participant works with their coach, with their Advisory Council (four or five participants in each Council) in the following activities:
- Synchronous online sessions.
- Study of practical cases.
- Discussion of experiential cases with businesspeople.
- Individual and group coaching sessions.
- Value Trigger Plays of your own company.
- Short research projects to define your own position on business issues.
- Solving specific business challenges.
- Value Creation Project in your company
The methodology of the Online Postgraduate Course in Value Management in Family Businesses, one of the two postgraduate courses that make up the Executive Master's Degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Family Business, is based on a program designed to provide the student with personalised coaching throughout the academic year. Euncet Business School and CEDEM provides monitoring and feedback on individual and teamwork, which will allow its members to achieve the objectives set at the beginning of the course, achieving success with their family businesses or growing companies.
The CEDEM coaching team, the Centre for Entrepreneurial Dueñez (Ownership), has as its maxim to motivate to be proactive and to take action with agility. CEDEM experts will accompany participants during their learning and will provide them with the necessary tools to find and choose their best opportunities for action in the company.
The assigned coach will give you feedback so that your contribution to the team is productive and will channel your concerns to the program coordinators.
Academic Week in Barcelona
Master's Degree Academic Week in Innovation in the Family Business
2022-23 Academic Year
The academic week is a series of sessions that must be held on-site, from September 5-9 at the Euncet Business School Campus, located in Terrassa.
Attendees must travel to Barcelona (Spain) to complete their training. This activity is intended to enhance multicultural synergies by breaking down the barriers of distance that online training can entail. It is a great opportunity to value what has been learned by networking between students and the teaching team.
The Master's Thesis will be based on the projects that you will carry out during the master's degree in each of the courses. At the end of the master's degree, you will have a portfolio of completed projects that make up your Thesis.